No matter who you are or where you’re from, everyone has the power to do something that enhances the life of another. Whether it’s starting a conversation that can make a difference to someone, fundraising for charities or giving your time to benefit others within school or the community, every contribution makes a difference.
Here at Southam College, we are having our own ‘Make a difference day’ on Friday 17th November. We are looking for a selection of volunteers to help lead and support events throughout Mental Health Awareness week and on Make a difference Day. We hope the day will be filled with positivity, appreciation and compassion for all but it will only be successful if we have student volunteers!
What events can I sign up to lead/support?
- Whole School Community Clean up
- Positive Post
- Positive Pledge Wall
- Engage with the Aged residential care home visits- Sixth Form only
- Involvement/attendance to the with the Mental Health Micro Sessions #inyourcorner
- Baking cakes for our staff wellbeing ‘Tea and Talk Tuesday’ event.
- ‘Crafter noon’ volunteers – making products to sell on the Friday with Mrs Keech’s Craft club.
- Creation of resources to support the promotion of the Mental Health
- You can create your own ideas too!
If you are interested, please see Miss Campbell or any Life Skills teacher. A meeting to sign up to events is this Wednesday 8th November, room S2- Prompt 12:30 start please.
We look forward to seeing you there.